Digital Marketing & Communications Internship at BlackTruck Media + Marketing
This intern will work on our SEO team identifying content, fine tuning opportunities for existing clients, researching industry elements for clients, deeper dives on local SEO and Google MyBusiness. Ideally this person would be an advertising, public relations, marketing or communications major with a special interest in a digital career, particularly in content writing. This position is not social media heavy.
This individual would work within our team at a multi-functional role with the goal of making sure we’re delivering the highest value to our clients.
This is a paid (hourly) internship that will net you around 20 hours per week of work experience and mentorship.
The ideal candidate will have:
- General understanding on how to navigate Google Analytics, Search Console, and other SEO tools (Moz, Semrush, etc). Certifications a plus.
- Command of the fundamentals of inbound marketing.
- Basic fundamentals of SEO – keyword research, consumer intent, content ideation to match intent.
- Exceptional research skills and the ability to understand complex topics quickly without aid.
- High attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple client projects without compromising quality.
- Keen writing skills and the ability to research, write, proof, edit, and finalize content with remarkable accuracy.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to use basic software like Microsoft Suite including Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Google Suite including Docs/Sheets/Slides.
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment as projects demand it.
- The ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Flexibility to work remote and/or in person as the environment changes.
Bonus points for experience with:
- Local SEO Fundamentals, Google MyBusiness Optimization.
- Content management systems (WordPress, Craft, Joomla, etc.)
- Project management systems (Monday, Asana, Basecamp, etc.)
Interested in applying?
Prepare your resume, write a solid cover letter, share your work with us and take the next steps!